Friday, September 27, 2013

Welcome

Back in Christmas of 2009, there was a present under the tree, wrapped in packing tape. My step-dad tends to use WAY to much tape on his presents to me, LOL. After 5 minutes I finally managed to get the wrapping off the box. I opened the box only to discover, there was another box wrapped in packing tape. I was not allowed to use scissors or anything to cut through the tape, so I spent another 5 minutes removing the tape from that box. Eventually, I got down to the last wrapped, DVD box looking package. At first I thought that it was a movie, but as a I removed the wrapping I saw that it was in fact, not a movie. It was.. The Sims 3! After thanking my step-dad for the amazing gift, I instantly ran up to my room to play it. Not caring much for my other presents at the moment. I almost face-planted into my door because I was running with excitement. I was then a (noob) simmer!

And a noob I was, as most players when they first start to play a game. Freaking out because the sims didn't speak English and I could not understand what they were saying, when it turns out that they were speaking their own language, Simlish, and what they're saying can be left up to interpretation. Then I was wishing that objects, flooring, and walls came in more colors, when colors and patterns can indeed be very much customized in create-a-style. You can even find tons of additional content with a while different look, without using Sim Points, by going to custom content sites. You can even alter gameplay with mods! Just be careful what mods you use, and be sure to update or remove them when you update the game. 

Over the years, as I learned more and more about the basics of the game, I started to find a few other cool things that you can do in the game. I also found some really great mods that have given me what I wanted since I began playing the game. And I have often thought of sharing these little tips and tricks with the world, as well as a few little bits from my own gameplay, and my opinions on some of the things in the game. I considered sharing my Sims tips and tricks on my teen lifestyle blog, but then I figured that it may not have been the greatest idea to merge gaming with teen life, so I created a second blog for sims. As well as maybe a few iPhone games from time to time, but these will be few and far between. 

At this time, I will not be creating custom content, or uploading any custom content to this blog. However, I will link to other simmers custom content sites that I like, but I won't upload their work. I will also post information on my favorite mods, and how I use them. Links to that mod will be given, as well as full credit to the creator. Also note that this is not an information blog about future games, but I will review the games and content that I buy, as well as share some tips and tricks from them.

I hope you all enjoy this blog! And I hope to improve in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment